It is a municipality of 681 inhabitants and is about 20 km from How, reachable via the Regina state road. The foundation of Argegno it probably dates back to the time of the ancient Romans, as evidenced by two tombstones found in Brienno in which Publius Caesius Archigenes is named, from whom the name of the town perhaps also derives.

Antonio Castello built a stronghold there in 1270 which was used during the clashes between the Guelphs and Ghibellines by the Vittani family. Another castle with a tower was built in the center of the town, which however collapsed in 1876; in 1335 it came under the jurisdiction of the Viscontis. The Parish, called the Holy Trinity, dates back to the 20th century and was consecrated in 1929.

For more information:

Valle Intelvi
Follow us on our social networks and always stay updated on the latest news.
Stay at our facilities, play sports in our area or simply enjoy a dinner with friends. This, and much more, on


Sign up for our themed competition "The Laburnum of the Intelvi Valley Regional Forest"