It’s a village of 681 inhabitants and it is located at about 20 km from Como, linked to the city by the “Strada Regina”. The foundation of Argegno probably dates back to Roman times, as shown by two plaques found in Brienno where it was mentioned as Publius Cesium Archigene, from which probably derives the actual name of the village. In1270 Antonio Castello built there a stronghold that was used during the clashes between the Guelphs and Ghibellines from the Vittani family. In the village center existed another castle with a tower, which collapsed in 1876; in 1335 Argegno fell under the jurisdiction of the Visconti. The parish church, named after the Holy Trinity, dates back to the twentieth century and it was consecrated in 1929.



Staying at our facilities, doing sports in our area, or simply enjoy a dinner with friends.. This, and more, on


Follow us on our social networks and stay updated on the latest news.